The well-planned city by Le Corbusier, the French architect left no stones unturned to make this the place of heaven. A very systematic and peaceful capital city. Which pays tribute to the lush green patches revolving all around it. The article also suggests a list of top hotels along with the best places to be visited in Chandigarh!
In addition, when we talk about Chandigarh, the first thing that comes into our minds is “the city beautiful”. No doubt it’s indeed extremely beautiful! But do you know there’s more to it? Well through this article we’ll be sharing what you don’t know about Chandigarh makes it not only a beautiful but also a healthy city to spend your life in.
Top 5 Things You Must Know About Chandigarh
- The highest number of wealthy people in India reside in Chandigarh. According to the data by the National Family Health Survey 5 (NFHS) 79% of the people in Chandigarh are highly wealthy.
- Out of the top 20, happiest cities to buy a house in the world, Chandigarh has secured the 5th rank! Aren’t all the Chandigarhians proud of it? A UK-based firm conducted this survey and this was proven true for Chandigarh! No worded this is also a very happy place to reside in too! Chandigarh has scored 13% above the global average happiness, the happiness level of homebuyers. Chandigarh secured rank 5, whereas Jaipur got rank 10 and Chennai got rank 13. Also, Indore and Lucknow got 17th and 20th ranks, respectively. Apart from this Barcelona and Florence are considered the top 2 happiest places to buy a property or home in the world.
- Geri: The term Geri originated from Chandigarh. Geri refers to driving around and enjoying! The youth in Chandigarh love to drive around, especially in the Geri route area which goes through popular restaurants and eating areas.
- People in Chandigarh are extremely warm and friendly. They are hospitable and hence take out time for their loved ones. The people of Chandigarh have a very leisurely lifestyle. There is good law and order in the city. Apart from this Chandigarh is a safe and peaceful place to live in.
- 3rd cleanest city in the country. According to the Swachh Bharat survey of India 2018, Chandigarh is considered the 3rd cleanest City in the country. And no doubt that’s why it’s famous for the phrase, “the city beautiful”! Clean roads and greenery automatically bring peace of mind hence making a calming impact on its residents.
These were the top 5 things, you must know about Chandigarh. It is not just a city beautiful but also a heaving area to spend your life with your family. If you plan to buy a property here you already know it’s going to be a good choice. Apart from being an astounding place to reside, Chandigarh is known for its tourist attractions as well. These days you will not only find the calming Sukhna lake or Rock garden the best for a stroll but if you want to experience luxury dining or party around then you must visit sectors 7,8,9,10 and 26.
If you plan to come to Chandigarh for your vacation then before finding out the best places to be visited in Chandigarh, you must consider a stay in the top 5 hotels listed below.
Top 5 Hotels In Chandigarh You Must Consider A Stay In
- Hyatt Regency Chandigarh: A 5-star Delux hotel 17 km away from Chandigarh Airport.
- JW Marriott Hotel Chandigarh: A 5-star hotel, 18 km away from Chandigarh airport.
- The Lalit Chandigarh: offers views of beautiful and lush green Shivaliks!
- The TAJ Chandigarh: finest luxury hotel in Chandigarh! Includes sophisticated interiors and architecture.
- The Oberoi Sukhvilas Spa and Resort, New Chandigarh: Based in New Chandigarh on the foothills of the Himalayas. A bit distance from Chandigarh but worth staying in!
Also Read: Best Restaurants in Chandigarh for the Foodies
Now that you can find luxurious places to stay in Chandigarh why not find the best places to be visited in Chandigarh So here are the top tourist attractions you must visit in Chandigarh:
Top Tourist Attractions: Places To Be Visited In Chandigarh
1. Sukhna Lake
The best place to get a breeze, have a stroll, run, jog or just sit around staring at the beautiful water. Besides, You will indeed feel very relaxed! It’s a mesmerizing man-made lake that offers amazing experiences of boating as well! The visiting timings are usually 9:00 A.M. to 7:30 A.M. from April to September and 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. from October to March. The boating timings are usually from 9:30 A.M. to 6 P.M.
2. Rock Garden
Visiting the rock garden seems like a compulsion. The sculpture garden designed by Nek Chand showcases art through waste material and rocks. There is art in every corner of this garden. Whether you’re an art lover or not this place will certainly turn you into one. It’s unique, peaceful, and beautiful!
3. Elante Mall
The 10th largest shopping mall in India flaunts 218 brands from Gucci, Versace, Zara, Marks, and Spencer, and many more brands!
4. Zakir Hussain Rose Garden
A botanical garden with around 50,000 rose bushes. It is named after the country’s former president Zakir Hussain. It’s is the venue for the famous rose festival! It’s a beautiful place to click pictures and has a chill time with family and friends.
5. Bird Park
This beautiful destination is home to a wide variety of birds and you could get a chance to have one of these mesmerizing creatures sit on your arm! Yes, that’s true! You could have the birds sitting on your arm, and not only click pictures but also spend some time sitting and mesmerizing around the vast variety. This park is created for exotic birds. Therefore, this place is a must-visit!
We hope you can take out time for these best places to be visited in Chandigarh which are not only calming and peaceful but also fun and breathtaking enough that you visit regularly!
Written By: Nehal Sharma
(Disclaimer: This article is from the author’s perspective. So, kindly do check with experts before following. newsnetnow.com will not be responsible for any kind of inconvenience and incorrect or misleading information.)