Summer vacations are around the corner, and your kids might have already started searching for their travel destination. Here, I am listing some of the best places to travel with family in India to make it easy to choose one for you.
Traveling or having a vacation with family is delightful, although finalizing a destination is exhausting as every individual has a different preference.
After the Covid situation, everyone needs a vacation to unwind from all the stress, trauma, and boring & monotonous lifestyle. In other words, It was a tough time, and now you deserve a breather with your family & loved ones. Let me help you to choose a destination for your perfect holiday.
Summer Vacay Getaway: The Best Places To Travel With Family in India
Parents should never miss a chance to spend time with their kids and a fun-filled holiday is something parents should try to fortify their bond with their offspring.
As soon as the temperature rise, the urge to escape harsh summers with a vacation to an exotic destination is irresistible. Moreover, It allows you to relish and explore new places and pleasing sights with your family.
Here are the best places to travel with family in India for a smooth, memorable, and fun vacation.
Manali, Himachal Pradesh is among the popular summer holiday destinations in India for its ideal combination of picturesque beauty, nature, and adventure.
The mesmerizing town is shrouded by snow-capped mountain peaks and vegetation nurtured by River Beas.
Moreover, Manali is a pocket-friendly family destination for trekking, river rafting, paragliding, zorbing, etc. The enchanting views & surrounding beautiful valleys, stunning resorts, fancy cafes, and there’s a lot more to explore with your clan.
What Makes Your Vacation in Manali Heavenly:
- Sightseeing at Hadimba Temple, Van Vihar Himalayan Nyingmapa Gompa monastery, etc.
- Solang Valley for the adventure sports
- Snow at Rohtang Pass.
- River rafting in the River Beas.
- Nearby places for Short trips are Kullu, Manikaran Gurudwara, Jogini Falls, Arjuna Gufa, Bhrigu Lake, and Vashisht Hot-Water Springs.
- Breeze at the apple orchards.
- Camping and trekking.
Travel Tips: The best way to reach the snow-capped mountains of Manali is via a bus or a private car because the roadside beauty is something you should not miss.
Do you aspire to have a spiritually soul-filling yet adventurous holiday?
Firstly, Rishikesh offers you to devour time on the banks of River Ganga at the foothills of the Himalayas admiring nature’s beauty and connecting with the divine power.
Secondly, Rishikesh is the epicenter of adventures and is recognized as the World Capital of Yoga. Spirituality & yoga go hand-in-hand.
Discover joy in yoga centers, ashrams, temples, and shots of adrenaline with river rafting, cliff jumping, fox flying, India’s highest bungee jump, and different adventure sports.
A Blissful Holiday in Rishikesh Comprises:
- River rafting in River Ganga
- Camping on the river banks
- Fox-flying on wires suspended between two mountains.
- Ancient temples
- explore all about Yoga
- Relinquish in Ayurveda and meditation at the Ashrams.
Khajjiar is a beautiful, drowsy town near Dalhousie, well-known for its hills, lakes, supernatural meadows, and apple orchards in the nearby villages of Rota and Ladi.
The canyons, the waterfalls, the vast meadows, and the attractive sights of sunset and sunrise, all of this will surely make you want to stay forever in Khajjiar.
Why Khajjiar is One of The Best Places To Travel With Family in India
- Relish Horse Riding and Zorbing with the cheers from your family.
- The beautiful nine-hole golf course to try your golf skills.
- Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary to catch glimpse of the Bear, Himalayan Black Marten, and Leopards.
- Khajjiar Lake and Chamera Lake are the most pleasing picnic spots.
Nainital, Uttarakhand, is a stunning hill station and a wistful family holiday destination that is famous for its iconic pear-shaped lake.
I has numerous tranquil lakes, illustrious viewpoints, and traditional colonial structures, which provide the ideal environs for a terrific family breather.
Undoubtedly, It is one of the Best Places To Travel With Family in India for summer vacations. The highlights of this hill station are its mystical lakes, spectacular views of snow-clad cliffs, and small-town charm. Plan a holiday in this pollution-free getaway to enjoy a refreshing vacation.
How to Make Most Out of Your Nainital Travel
- Firstly, do visit the Naina Devi Temple and Raj Bhavan.
- Witness the snow-capped mountains at Snow Point by cable car.
- Trek to Tiffin Top or Dorothy’s seat.
- Boating at various landmarks like Naini Lake, Bhimtal, Sattal, Naukuchiatal, etc.
- Shopping at Tibetan market.
- Make your travel adventurous by Boating, Nature walks, Horse Riding, Trekking, Wildlife Sightseeing, etc.
Ooty is one of the most famous hill stations in South India for couples for a pleasant summer holiday in India. The delightful & soothing weather and lush greenery add to the romance.
Nestled in Nilgiris, the hill townlet has been a favored spot in the rising temperatures from ancient times.
Above all, vacation in Ooty is all about the Toy-Train ride, exploring tea estates, flower gardens, colonial attractions, waterfalls, etc.
Adventures and homemade chocolates are the souls of your Ooty holidays, relish them or regret them later.
- Coffee & Tea farms, and Botanical Gardens.
- A joyful Toy-Train Ride in Nilgiri Mountain Railways.
- Trekking and Camping at Avalanche Lake.
- A golf game at the Golf Course.
- Picnic at the Kamaraj Sagar Dam, and Emerald Lake.
- Mouthwatering Homemade Chocolates.
- An exceptional sight of the Nilgiri hills from Doddabetta Peak.
Suggested Read: 11 Essential Travel Items for A Vacation To The Hills
Only a few are aware of the scenic beauty of the northeast. Shillong, Meghalaya’s capital, is a beautiful hill station handcrafted by nature itself. Explore the blissful forested peak with your family.
Trek to Meghalaya for a magnificent living bridge (a natural bridge) and is also prominent for its pleasing weather, lush greenery, sparkling lakes, and waterfalls.
In addition, summers are across-the-board mild and an adequate time to plan a trip to Shillong with the temperature ranging from an utmost of 24°C to a minimum of 15°C.
Shillong’s landscape and weather are so identical to Scotland, therefore, it is known as the ‘Scotland of the East.
Must-Visit Destinations in Shillong:
- Umiam Lake for Boating.
- Sightsee Elephant Falls, Shillong Peak, Sweet Falls, Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Cultures, Lady. Hydari Park, etc.
- Dawki for Angling.
- Trekking to Meghalaya Living Root Bridge, Kyllang Rock, and Sophet Bneng.
- Waterfall rappelling, Camping, Horse riding, and Rock Climbing
- Kynshi River for River rafting or Kayaking.
Coorg is the place to be for all nature lovers an eternally misty landscape. The hill station is discovered amidst mountains in Karnataka.
Coorg, a widespread coffee-producing hill station is not solely famous for its lovely green hills and the streams cutting right through them. Whereas, Its culture and people are also a reason to explore and travel to this destination.
Besides, the Kodavas, a local clan master in martial arts, are specifically recognized for their keen hospitality.
Summer in Coorg is a fabulous time to visit because Coorg remains calm and fresh that making it a favorable destination to relax and unwind. Coorg, also known as Madikeri is the ‘Scotland of India’.
Experience the Serenity in Coorg:
- The surreal hill station is positioned at a peak of about 1000 meters above sea level.
- The suspended valleys, deep canyons, and muddy hills, lush greenery with an abundance of vegetation make it a true paradise for nature and adventure enthusiasts.
- Visit The domed Omkareshwar Temple is dedicated to the Hindu deity Shiva.
- Dubare Elephant Camp, Madikeri for Elephant Bathing.
- Hiking and trekking at the Western Ghats.
- Experience a wildlife safari in Nagarhole National Park.
Tamil Nadu’s mesmerizing hill station, Coonoor, is a harbor nestled in the Nilgiris.
The luxuriant tea estates of the town produce a special Nilgiri tea. Venture on the Blue Mountains’ trekking trails, and explore lakes and waterfalls.
Reaching the hill town on the Nilgiri toy train will be a memorable and wonderful experience. The picturesque bliss, and diverse things to do and experience make Coonor one of the list of best places to travel with family in India.
Specialties of Coonoor:
- Scour the tea gardens and discover about Nilgiri Tea.
- Visit the uncultivated treasures in Sim’s Park.
- Trek to the Dolphin’s Nose for picturesque sights.
- Picnic with family at the Laws Falls.
- Trekking to the Hidden Valley.
- Study the ruins of Tipu Sultan’s empire at the Doorg Fort.
- Discover all about Nilgiri tea at the Highfield Tea Factory.
- Bird Watching to get a glimpse of the birds distinctive in Nilgiri.
In conclusion, India is a beautiful and diverse country where you can explore different cultures and nature along with satisfying the adventurer in you. Escape the scorching heat of summer and take your family on a soothing vacation to unwind from the day-to-day hustle. Most importantly, You need and certainly deserve a relaxing holiday with your family. Therefore, destinations are sorted for you, pick one & have a Joyful Vacation!
Written By: Jaspreet Kaur