Are you someone with untamed short hair? Keeping short hair in place is actually a task, It sometimes makes you look messy & clumsy. You can attain that classy and sleek look with easy hairstyles for short hair in less than a minute.
A hairstyle can completely change your overall look and has the potential to make you look double your age or half your age. So, be mindful of how you are styling your hair.
In summers, most of the ladies prefer short hair. Short hair is manageable as it cut down the time spent getting ready, But it is an uphill task to pull off a hairdo with short locks.
Classy Office Look: 9 Easy Hairstyles For Short Hair
Ladies surely want to have an on-point classy yet chic look in the workplace. Alas! It takes forever to get ready, especially the hairstyle, and who has the time?
And here we are with quick and easy hairstyles for short hair, as well as medium-length hair. You can pull off these elegant hairdos by yourself without getting late for work.
1) Sleek Ponytail
If you have hair lengths up to your shoulder or medium-length hair, then a sleek ponytail is the instant hairstyle that looks graceful as well.
- For a sleek ponytail, you need to comb your hair backward repeatedly and gather the hair at the back of your head.
- Back brushed hair gives you the best look, and now tie the gathered hair with the help of a rubber band. And there you go, Girl!
2) Messy Low Ponytail
Firstly, create a center part for a sleek messy low ponytail with more volume. Achieve straiten middle part by using a fine-tooth comb. The low messy ponytail goes well on all types of hair, whether straight or curly.
However, a perfect messy low ponytail is achieved on the 3rd or 4th day after hair wash, as your hair has natural curls and waves a couple of days after the hair wash.
Additionally, you can use dry shampoo for that voluminous look & texture. Then fasten your hair in a loose messy low ponytail; The ponytail should be in the level of middle of your ears and lift the ponytail slightly to fake a volume in your hair.
Get the messy look by pulling out a few strands of hair in the front and curling the larger one. Here you are done with getting the messy low ponytail, But if you wish to style your messy low ponytail further, you can hide the hair tie used to fasten the hair in the ponytail. It will give a finishing touch, take a strand of hair, wrap it around the ponytail covering the hair tie and then fix it using a bobby pin.
3) Side French Braided Bangs
Braids always make you look an elegant corporate chic at work. Braided hairstyles have a separate room in my heart because you can pull them off on oily, dry, freshly washed, or any type of hair. No matter how your hair is, they are perfect for the braided hairdo.
- Swipe all your hair to one side and start making the braid by taking a small section. Keep doing it until you get all your front hair tied in the braid.
- Then secure it either using a pin, or you can put a rubber band at the end to avoid a loosened braid.
- Further, you can tie your locks in the back into a ponytail or a messy bun, and also put in the braid.
4) Back Half-Updo
Back Half-updo is one of my favorite among all the easy hairstyles for short hair. You can get this hairstyle within seconds to flaunt your hair in a fashionable & professional style.
- Grab the section of hair right from your ears with your thumb, moving it in the upward direction.
- Now, Tie the hair in your hand with a rubber band into a ponytail or half ponytail.
- The back half-updo allows you to experiment with the style as you can also use a clip to keep the grabbed hair in place. For a trendy look, better you make a bun with the hair in the upper section.
5) Front Two-Strand Twists
The Front two-strand twist is our pick for an easy-to-get corporate chic look. If you are someone like you who is always running short of time, this is going to be your everyday hairdo for work.
- Part your hair, middle or side as you prefer.
- Start from one section, take two strands & twist. Keep twisting while gathering strands from the front. Use a pin to keep it in place.
- Repeat on the other section.
- Brush the loose hair or tie them with a scrunchie.
6) Side Bangs or Side Ponytail
Bangs go with any age or any hair length. Long or short hair, bangs add volume and cover-up hairline and broad forehead. Side Bangs make you look half your age and give energetic & fresh vibes.
Bangs have been growing as the most stylish hairstyle of all time. It does require a little maintenance, like frequent trimming.
If you don’t want to keep your hair untied throughout the day, You can fasten your hair in a loose side ponytail for a classy chic look.
Also Read: Benefits of Beet Juice For Skin & Hair
7) Criss – Cross Low Bun
The criss-cross low bun is a sophisticated hairstyle for work and gives you a very trendy look.
- To make this bun separate your hair into three sections. The middle section has more hair, while the other two side parts should have equal hair.
- Tie a low ponytail with the middle section and make it into a bun using bobby pins.
- Then move the left section of hair over the top of the bun and wrap the hair under and around your bun using bobby pins.
- Repeat and move the hair section to the right. Fix your bun properly with bobby pins and flaunt your elegant bun at work.
8) Inside Out Ponytail
Inside out ponytail is one of the easy hairstyles for short hair. Moreover, it looks so pretty, and it takes less than a minute to execute this hairdo.
- Firstly, make a simple ponytail and part the hair above your rubber band that creates a hole.
- Then, twist the length of your hair and make it pass through the hole that you created. That’s it!
9) French Fishtail Braid
French fishtail braid seems complicated, But it is the easiest and most classy hairstyle for an everyday look in less than 5 minutes. It is easier than it looks; all you need is to learn the technique with a little practice.
- Take a section on the top of your head and split it into two equal sections.
- Bring a strand to the right side section from the outside of the left section.
- Later, bring a thin strand from the outside of the right section towards the left section, and add it to the other side.
- Repeat the above two steps. Take thin strands for a neat fishtail. Dense strands will make it look like a french braid.
- Keep shuffling the hair until there’s no hair left to add. Either you can continue the fishtail braid or secure it with a rubber band right there.
Trying different hairstyles and experimenting with your looks keeps your spirit up and a fashionista in you alive. You are not going to master this hairstyle or do it like a pro instantly. It will require lots of practice and patience, of course.
You will definitely excel in these easy hairstyles for short hair with practice and pull off a stylish everyday look. Remember, a hairstyle has the power to change your overall appearance.
Written By: Jaspreet Kaur