· MOBILE HEALTH TEAMS OF RBSK TO ENSURE PROPER FOLLOW UP OF SUSPECTED CASES
· TREATMENT OF HEART & OTHER SERIOUS DISEASES PROVIDED WITH THE COST OF RS. 4.73 CRORE
· TOTAL 84701 CHILDREN AVAILED HEALTHCARE SERVICES FREE OF COST AT GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS
CHANDIGARH, JUNE 25:
The Punjab Government has issued order to all Health Mobile Teams to ensure tertiary level treatment services to sick children within stipulated time as per guidelines set under the “Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakrarm”.
Giving details here, Mr. Brahm Mohindra, Minister for Health & Family Welfare said that confirmation of preliminary findings, referral support, management & follow up of screened children are key factors of the RBSK. “It has been learnt that Parents of the children, who were confirmed cases of Neuro-motor impairment and other serious diseases, would be counseled to commence the treatment of their children as early as possible and it is also the responsibility of health teams to motivate them ” he added.
Mr. Mohindra said “We strictly instructed the Mobile Health Teams of RBSK who were conducting screening practices and examine the children that they would ensure the proper follow up of suspected and confirmed cases of children who were suffering from 31 identified diseases”. He said that to save the priceless lives of State children, early intervention is primary need to minimize disability of child as once the disability is already established then it would take more time to recover.
The Minister further said that experts have proved that the period from birth to 6 years are the most critical years for all children. This is especially true for children with developmental delay. Therefore, it stands that early identification and early intervention programs can significantly improve the quality of their lives.
He apprised that children in all 19760 Government & Government aided schools and in all AWCs (26533) were screened as per guidelines for 31 diseases during 2017-18.
He said that Rs. 4.73 crore has been spent for the tertiary level services, under which around 584 children have availed treatment of Rheumatic Heart Disease/Congenital Heart Disease at PGI, Forties, CMC & DMC and other diseases at empanelled hospitals. He said that 243 patients of thalassaemia were getting treatment at Six Thalassaemic societies & District hospitals.
He further said that from April 2017 to May 2018, total 84701 children have availed healthcare services free of cost at Government hospitals in the State.
Divulging about the initiative taken by the state government, he said that
- MoU have been signed with Smile Train for free treatment of Cleft Lip/Cleft Palate/Both or alone. Treatment is provided at 9 Medical institutions.
- MoU have also been signed with Cure International India Trust for free treatment of Clubfoot. Five Clubfoot clinics have been established at District Civil Hospital Bathinda, Gurdaspur, Jalandhar, Ludhiana and SAS Nagar.
- Children suffering from cancer are provided free treatment under Mukh Mantri Punjab cancer Rahat Kosh.